Saturday, August 20, 2011

Overtime? Over it.

So sorry bloggers! I feel like every entry I write these days starts with an apology about not posting in a while. I am thinking hopefully this time will truly be the last hiatus from writing.

This week I put in nearly ten hours of overtime at work. That doesn’t seem like a lot, considering my goal was 15 hours, but it was still an exhausting week! I did nothing else but work for hours on end. So glad it’s over.

Why was I working so much, you may ask? Well, for two reasons. One is that work had a deadline and my boss asked for any overtime we could give. Given the awesome employee I am, I took her up on her offer – and it looks like we’ll meet the deadline with lots to spare! The other reason was for spending money for our trip to Austin/New Braunfels next weekend.

That’s right, guys, we’re going to the river!! Friday we will drive down to Austin once I get off work and spend the night there at Heather’s. Then we’ll be driving to New Braunfels the next morning to float the river with Samantha and possible Ryan. We’ll spend the night there, and go shopping at the outlet mall down there on Sunday. So naturally, we need tons of spending money!

Oh and Phillip got an iPad this week! How fancy! More about that in one of my next entries.

So glad next week returns to a normal schedule with a vacation to follow and labor day weekend coming up. A much needed reward for this tough week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers