One week from today, I will be without my gallbladder. Yes, readers, surgery awaits. I will go in at noon for a laparoscopic cholecystectomy that will begin at 1:45. Who knows when I will be released.
I honestly don't know what the recovery process will be like. All the info I've read has basically said I'll be sub-par for 5-10 days. But no one says why. If there is continued pain, no one says where or to what extent. Maybe they'll give me so much pain meds I won't be able to drive? It bugs me that I don't know what to expect. I'm sure they'll tell me at pre-op on Tuesday.
I will miss work for half of Thursday and Friday. That's my plan at least. I won't schedule any meetings for the following week yet. We'll see how it goes. Hubby will be taking care of me. I plan on staying at the apartment that weekend. But if I can't make it up our stairs, we'll be staying with the "big Longs".
No comments:
Post a Comment