Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Oh Hello Strangers

This has been a busy and exhausting couple of weeks. Heather said I fell off the face of the earth for a while, and to be honest, it has kind of felt that way. I haven't seen much of anyone - except Phillip when it's been time to come home and sleep. It has been very busy to say the least.

Spring screenings are nearing completion. This afternoon is my last one and tomorrow is our company's last one - until this summer. Then we start all over again. But I'm kind of liking this ebb and flow we have going on with work. It keeps things exciting and prevents monotony.

Heather is all moved home and graduated. This past weekend we celebrated and moved her. It was a great weekend and I needed the family time. We got Alyse graduated the weekend before too! Lots of exciting and trying times ahead for my friends/family. It's about time they all caught up to my "real world" problems. ;)

We are still not much closer to finding a permanent place to live. Each week I claim to have a good feeling about getting so many questions answered. And each week, it ends with no news from anyone. We get a good "lead" and then it fizzles. I just wished we had some answers. DFW is too big to make a moving decision without concrete certainties. We need certainties!

Last night we booked the hotel room for our first anniversary. I can't believe, in three weeks, we will be celebrating being married for a year. Can you believe it!? Expect a great one year post on/around that wonderful June 11th we all loved so much. We will be staying close to home for one night at the Stoneleigh hotel in Dallas. It is the hotel we took our engagement pictures at and is a beautifully restored and renovated historic high rise hotel. I can't wait. We'll get to enjoy our cake with our serving set and champagne flutes, along with the bottle of wine from the Harkins we got last year. So exciting.

One of the reason we're not doing as grand of a celebration of our first year as originally planned is because we're saving that for Cabo. That'll be our big trip, just three weeks later. That's right. I pretty much plan to celebrate our anniversary for an entire month. I mean, it's fitting since we spent just about an entire month celebrating our wedding day.

So many exciting things coming up and so little time to cram in blogging and work. I will try though. However, work DOES take precedence over blogging. A sad truth. I'll keep in touch as best as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers