Do you ever feel like you've planned the perfect day only for it to turn out not as you thought? That happened Saturday.
It started off just as planned. Yummy apple oatmeal was ready for breakfast when I woke up. Candles were lit rather quickly so I could enjoy my cup of pumpkin coffee and breakfast under a blanket.
And then starts the changes to plans. Don't worry, though, the night still turned out wonderful. Just not like I originally planned.
On Friday, Murphy decided that he can jump the fence and get out of the backyard. This is not a trick we like. In fact, I was very angry when I had to corral him back into the yard that afternoon while Phillip was working. So Saturday morning, my relaxed morning was slightly interrupted by a trip to Lowe's to buy the stake of all stakes to secure our beloved puppy in the backyard. When you come over, try not to point out the obnoxious bright orange stake in the middle of the yard. We promise the benefit outweighs the eye sore.
Later that day we went to the pumpkin patch as planned. Let me tell you how impressed I am with my husband's ability to find this patch. It had hay rides, bbq, pumpkins, kids activities, wagons, photo opportunities, and more. It was a blast and I hope Josh and Christina had an equally fun time with us.
The apple cider was delicious. The pumpkin pie Christina made for dessert was wonderful. Dinner didn't turn out so well. Somehow I managed to ruin chili. I followed the directions. But alas, it turned out like ground beef soup. It was awful. So plan B was Chuy's for some mexican food and margaritas. A suitable alternative if you ask me.
The fire also didn't happen. Turns out we don't have a fire grate for the wood - which was noticed at the last minute. Therefore, our first fire will have to wait.
It was a fun evening, don't get me wrong. Just different than my previous post of planning led on. I like my first full-fledged fall day. Sunday and yesterday were good too with good family times, a salted caramel latte from starbucks, fires, warm red wine, luxurious bubble baths, good chili, and other fall activities. Ready for more!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment