This job came at the best moment and has changed my life for the better. I truly love what I do and I get to make a difference in the world every single day.
This company took a chance with me - fresh out of school, young, and burnt out from the post-grad-can't-get-my-dream-job-so-I'm-working-at-a-bank-to-make-ends-meet job. I am so thankful!
My Accomplishments: (Ok. I know this is conceited but I wanted to pat myself on the back a bit.)
- I have personally been responsible for 2000 students in Texas being screened.
- As a result of my initiative, we now have our first district that purchased machines and is paying for their students to be screened.
- Two adults in a school district in North Texas were flagged for serious heart conditions - one spent that weekend in the hospital.
- Two FC Dallas players came out to support us and show students how "cool" and painless the process was.
- I screened almost an entire town in east Texas because they needed it.
- I caught a rare Long QT person. You have to screen them at the precise second they are having symptoms.
- I spoke with the mayor of Arlington, a room full of skeptical athletic trainers, a TEA big-whig counsel meeting, and held my own during an interview with the newspaper.
- I found a student with Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome who had an inpatient hospital procedure.
I have grown so much this year - professionally and personally. I have pushed my limits and done things I thought I couldn't. I conquered those times I had a ball of nerves in my stomach while my legs tried to run the other way. Situations were uncomfortable, scary, and overwhelming at times, but I did it. I mastered "small talk" to new people, sharpened my memory skills, improved my work ethic (as though that were even possible to do), realized some big dreams of mine, and so much more.
Cheers to starting a new year with them and hopefully making a difference in more lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment