So far so good with our wonderful puppy dog. It was kind of a fiasco to get him home, but we made it. Long story that I don't really feel like explaining since it all worked out in the end.
He is much calmer. He listens to us more attentively. He walks great on a leash. He is already run trained (and we now have a run in the backyard). He knows where his "spot" is and goes to it to lay down and stay when we tell him to. For the most part, he doesn't jump in our faces anymore - still working on that one since he still thinks the rules could possibly revert to the way they were before.
It's been a challenge for us, and will continue to be. Phillip and I are having to listen to each other and take each other's advice. I remember certain things, and he remembers others. We are building a training team and it's kind of new for us - and an intro into parenting.
Our next big challenge will be introducing Murphy to people. A few have come over and "phase 1" has gone pretty well. Phase 2 includes actual face-to-face meetings without a cage between them. I'm nervous about that one. But I think we have the right tools to make this happen.
We are also going to try to take him on a walk soon. It seems easy enough, based on how well he now does on a leash. But we'll see.
I'll let you know how it all goes...
No comments:
Post a Comment