Ladies. [And in some cases, gentlemen.] If you've never heard of these "box" programs, you are seriously missing out!! My good friend Meredith told me about these and I am SO in love. I've seen healthy snacks, pets, beauty, baby, and more themed ones since! But my all-time favorite, and one I'm subscribed to, is the Bluum box for mamas. For $25 a month I will get a box in the mail each month containing all of the newest and best products for baby. It is tailored to Elayne's age, too! For instance, right now my boxes will focus on maternity care and newborn items. Eventually, I'll receive toddler food and toys, etc. Yes. The $25 is kind of steep, especially when you compare it to other boxes (like my second fave Birch box), but this particular one gives standard sized products instead of sample sizes like with other boxes. If you want to subscribe, please contact me so we both can utilize my friend code. If you want a birch box, my lovely sister Heather has a code for you too!
2. American Academy of Pediatrics and Healthy Children
This is really starting to become a top resource of mine, especially since we are venturing into the world of birth/care classes with several other inquiring and opinionated minds. As we hear things and wonder if they're true, we look at this nifty website. I'm still relatively new at it, but I love that it is a 100% reliable resource and links to government-created articles. The AAP website is more for professionals and the Healthy Children website is their satellite for-parents site created for all of us. I like the AAP for professional journal articles when I really want to know the nitty-gritty facts and the context in which they came about. I like the Health Children for down-to-earth articles and overviews.
3. Snoogle
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. This pillow is the best and I could not survive this pregnancy without it. Yes, it comes with a hefty price tag. And yes, I'm pretty sure you can get other brands or similar products (ie Boppy), but this one just works for me. I sleep with it every night. My arms never fall asleep - I still can't figure out that magical part, but I've accepted it as magic. The only downside is how much space it takes up, but I keep telling the hubs one day it'll be gone. I hate sleeping on my side and have never been able to do it until this pillow came along.
4. Sprout Pregnancy App
This is by far my favorite pregnancy app. I love the huge colorful pictures and key points you touch to see. It gives just the basics and helps you visualize that wonderful baby you have growing. They also have a weekly newsletter-like tab at the bottom, place to organize questions and lists, and I love their weight tracker. Better yet, it's free!
If you have any questions or want any tips on the new blog, you can get in contact with my misplaced nursing school BFF over at http://aslanadventure.blogspot.com/ She's currently in New York, but knows all about blogging styles, "link-ups", ad space, and tons of other blogosphere tricks and terms I have no idea about! :)
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of any of those boxes before! What's the birch box?? How have I never heard of these?