I feel like I haven't updated you readers about school in a very long time. Therefore, I think it's time for an update!
Yes I am still in school and still going strong. I am more-than succeeding and love my program. All these courses make me fired up about health and teaching soon. This semester I am taking "Psychosocial Aspects of Health Care" and "Strategies of Health Education Delivery." What a great line up!
I will graduate with my MS in Health Studies in May 2015 - so close!!!! This fall will be my hardest semester yet, but I am definitely looking forward to it. I will learn a lot. This fall I have to complete a 90 hour practicum (aka internship) with an approved facility. It'll be great to get all of that experience, but with a full family calendar and still working 40 hours, it will be quite the challenge. My other course is through the school of education. It's hybrid - meaning most of it is online, but I will have to attend night classes 7 days during the semester. As if I need more things to keep me from home and fill up my calendar. It'll be an exciting course to give me an even deeper understanding of education.
It will be busy, but luckily Phillip and my family/friends are willing and able to help out when we need them - and we will. It'll be a rough couple of months but worth it when I walk across that stage and can be called "Master Ashley".
And what's after that? After graduation? Well naturally, a PhD!!! Parker has some goals that include a PhD program in Educational Leadership. If that pans out, I am diving in for a great price (free)! Anxious about that already. But I am built for education. For higher education. For advanced education.
Look at me go!
No comments:
Post a Comment