I’m ready to leave here and graduate.
I’ve had that feeling a lot lately. I don’t want to leave my friends by any means, but I’m ready to be finished with college and move back home. I miss my family. I miss Phillip. I miss Bedford. I get homesick a lot more now and I’m just ready to be done.
It feels like my life is at a different point than everyone else here. I hear people so uncertain about their futures. Some don’t know where they’re going to be living after graduation, some don’t even know what to major in. It’s crazy to see such uncertainty in others when I know exactly where my life is heading. Don’t worry, I still have things I don’t understand and don’t know about, but they aren’t the big things. I love where my life is heading and don’t want to change it a bit, but I can’t help but feel like I’m at such a different place in life than my peers. Girls in my class talk about the next big party and wondering how they’ll ever graduate in time. Meanwhile, I’m graduating early and ready to begin the next chapter in my life.
A friend told me not to wish away 6 months of my life (hence the title of this entry) because I told her that once September gets here, things will really start shaping up. I’ll be so close to graduating, find out the official date of the wedding, have a birthday, be done with applications to grad school and nursing school, and get my aggie ring. There’s no doubt that September is going to be a great month and a huge stepping stone in the right direction of my future. But my friend was right. I need to enjoy the next 6 months because I won’t be able to get it back.
What do you do when you have one foot in the future and the other in the present?
No comments:
Post a Comment