Monday, March 8, 2010

Just for a Little While

I get to see Phillip this afternoon, but only for a small amount of time. He is going down to Katy (with Josh) for a UTA basketball tournament. Luckily they get to drive themselves, so they’re making a pit-stop in College Station to see me and eat some delicious Laynes chicken strips.

I was excited when Phillip told me this might be a possibility last week. However, my hopes were crushed after a meeting he had in which they told him (much to his dismay) that he would be riding on the bus with the team and that Josh would have to stay in Arlington to cover other sporting events. But alas, plans changed again yesterday and they’re both able to go – and see me on the way!

Phillip’s job is perfect for him and I’m excited for him about the prospects of his future career. He’s getting to do now what he wants to do for the rest of his life. Getting to travel with a team and stay in nice hotels (all expenses, including food, paid) is awesome! He’ll take pictures and write stories at the game of course, but lots of down time will let him have fun and hang around.

I think he chose the right career path, and I also believe 100% that he is doing exactly what he needs to be doing right now. Working for UTA’s athletic department is the opportunity of a lifetime. Not only does he get to “try out” the profession before going out in the real world, but he also is working for someone that can give excellent recommendations and is in a position that has potential to eventually become full-time. It’s almost a guaranteed job after graduation! Perfect!

I’m so proud of him for doing what he loves and already putting a foot in the door. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers