Sunday, December 30, 2012

Year 2K12 In Review

It's that time! Time for my annual end-of-year post. The post where I highlight what has gone on this year, in month-by-month fashion. I like this post because it gives me time to reflect and really look at what has happened in a year.

For a year that seemed so uneventful following the big 2011 (and no preceding a big 2013), a lot of things have happened. So here we go!

January
Our family cat of 16 years was finally laid to rest.
We celebrated the engagement of two wonderful people - Adrian and Tiffany!
I started my new job and it has been a blast ever since.
The whole family prepared to make our trip to Cabo happen.
Murphy showed more signs of having a finicky digestive system.
My gallbladder launched its first attack, while on the road to Austin.

February
Phillip started a temporary assignment with FC Dallas as an assistant equipment manager.
For Valentine's day, I gave Phillip an old bleacher from the Ballpark in Arlington.
I found out that my gallbladder needed to come out, and surgery was scheduled for March.
We almost lost Phillip's dad when a routine cardiac out-patient procedure had complications. SO GLAD HE IS STILL WITH US!

March
We really started noticing Murphy had a problem with his digestive system, and his weight loss was proving it.
Rooms were all booked for Cabo.
Gallbladder surgery was successful - and they took my appendix too, which led to a slightly more difficult recovery.

April
We started packing up our apartment and looked for places to live.
The night-of-the-twisters rocked the metroplex, as we took cover together under the FC Dallas stadium.

May
We moved in with Phillip's parents until we could find our next residence.
Heather graduated from college.
Screenings at work kept me swamped - with flights as well.

June
We celebrated our first anniversary at the Stoneleigh in Dallas, sans wedding cake that didn't make it.
We started packing for Cabo.
We signed a lease and prepared to move the day after returning from Mexico.
Murphy reached his lowest weight, which prompted a trip to the vet and a successful food adjustment.

July
Celebrated the wedding of Adrian and Tiffany and had a great family vacation.
Moved into our house in Argyle.
My identity was stolen in Mexico - all fixed now!
Phillip started his temporary position with Collin County College.

August
We finally got on our own insurance plan.
Started planning a family.
I applied to graduate school.

September
Phillip began working full-time for CVS.
Enjoyed a relaxing month with nothing too important happening.

October
I finally finished putting my office together.
We trekked out to the Flower Mound pumpkin patch and carved pumpkins for the house.
Murphy was "fixed" at the vet to help calm him down.

November
I was accepted to graduate school - to start January 14!
Phillip and I voted together.
President Obama was elected for a second term.
A great Thanksgiving full of family and friends.

December
Decorated for Christmas. Our decoration supply multiplied exponentially with outside lights, a new tree, and a house to fill.
Newtown shook the world.
We had a white Christmas.
I FOUND OUT THAT I'M PREGNANT.

And now, as I look forward into the new year, I am anxious, excited, and nervous. A new baby will be joining us, Heather will be taking off with her career and life, Grace and Emily will be graduating and venturing into their new professional worlds, we will be moving into a bigger house (of course), hopefully Phillip will be starting a new career, I will embark on the adventure of graduate school, and so so so so so much more!!!

Let's get this 2K13 party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers