Monday, April 22, 2013

Busy Weekend

The baby movement is still going strong!!!

The motion has come-and-gone. It's so exciting and wonderful! Too bad no one else can feel from the outside yet. But you know, I accept my victories at face-value.

This weekend was a fun and semi-eventful one for Phillip and me. On Friday we headed over to my mom's to help my sister put together some furniture for her move (two weeks after ours) and watch some Stars and Rangers.

On Saturday, we bought paint for the "new" house! Phillip's man cave and the nursery are the only two rooms we're painting, but nonetheless we bought paint. Phillip's room will be gray with red accent walls. It'll look really nice with his sports memorabilia (wow, I just spelled that word correct, first try) and furniture. We also got him an astro turf rug for the floor. He didn't need it, but it was on a huge markdown from last year and we couldn't resist adding even more character to the space. After all, it'll be the first thing you see when you walk in the front door.

For the nursery, we are also painting it gray. Three walls will be solid gray, and one wall will be gray and white thick horizontal stripes. One stripe will be orange (for a boy) or pink (for a girl). Here's a picture I found online to show you...



Obviously we couldn't buy the orange/pink paint this weekend, but we got samples! I can't wait to tell all of you tomorrow!

Yesterday, we cleaned, I headed back to Bedford to help my sister more. And then we finished the night out cleaning some more. Our property management company comes today to walk through our house and take pictures to market it for future tenants. Did I mention that if our house gets leased before the technical end of our lease that they will refund us the rent!? Meaning, even though our lease technically ends June 30, if they lease it to a new tenant on, say, May 15, they'll reimburse us the six weeks worth of rent! Isn't that nice of them!? So we're crossing our fingers for the next few days as they show it. Hopefully it goes as fast as it did when we rented it a year ago.

Oh! And we have a new bedroom color scheme complete with bedding. That's what I get for going with Heather to apartment shop for her. I found a duvet/duvet cover and pillows and curtains. So I snatched them up! Our new scheme will be clean, modern, and hotel-like with shades of white and gray with silver accents. Very relaxing, simple, and easy to replace pieces when our new baby decides to destroy everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers