Monday, November 11, 2013

A New Chapter

Wednesday will be my first day back at work. Meaning, I will no longer be staying at home with my beautiful baby. It's going to be harder than I am thinking it will be. I keep saying I'm ready and bored and ready to put my mind back to work. However, coming Wednesday, I will likely be singing a different tune.

I have been blessed to be able to stay home with Elayne for 11 and a half weeks. That's a whole lot more than most moms get. I've gotten to see her grow so much and start coming into her personality.

I've been able to keep up with the house cleaning and laundry. It seems like it all piles up every day. Who knows how I will fare now… I bet our house will be a lot messier. Especially since free time will be spent with our baby girl instead of chores.

Elayne will be shuffled between her Nana K, her meme/gg/grandpa, and her aunt Heather over the next two and a half weeks. Then she starts child care on December 2nd. It worked out better to shuffle her around and save a bunch of money since the thanksgiving holiday falls in the middle of what we'd be paying for.

I'll be just as nervous for December 2nd as I am for Wednesday. Even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE the place we have chosen, it'll still be hard to let her go.

This is just the first of many many many many many times to come where I have to let go and let her grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers