Saturday, November 23, 2013

Winter Delay

It's been too long. I know this. I can't believe I've let it get this out of hand. With work starting, driving all over the metroplex everyday for the saving-money-so-not-starting-child-care-until-December-grandparent-shuffle, and school work, my life has been a blur lately.

Work is great. I love my job! I am with an incredible University (with incredible benefits), and can really see myself potentially growing with them into their vision of the future. It's nice having a bunch of wonderful people to socialize with - I've missed that from working from home.

I'm afraid the rest of this year is also going to fly by and I think the lack of blog entries might continue. I am so sorry in advance. But the holidays are always busy any way.

Today Elayne turned 3 months old. 3 months. Can you believe it? It feels like she's been here forever and just got here all at once. As we put up clothes she can no longer fit into, removed the infant hammock from her bath tub, and packed up the pack 'n play from the living room, we realized she is growing fast. She changes every single day. More on that with her 3 month post, which will be posted soon.

We are under a WINTER STORM WARNING from noon tomorrow until noon Monday. I'm hoping if the roads get too terrible that school closes or delays Monday. I am not a fan of driving in rain, much less sleet - and I drive on some pretty tall bridges in DFW. I did talk with my boss Friday and he told me to go in as late as I need to in order to stay safe. So there's that.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow. It's so cold outside, and the precipitation tomorrow is going to make it even more winter-like. We've had a fire going since this afternoon, I haven't left my cozy clothes, and the crockpot has gotten a workout. Tomorrow will be much of the same.

Stay warm north Texans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers