Since my tests are winding down (only one more to go tonight and it shouldn't be too tough), I've decided it's time to get my butt in gear and see where I'm at with all of this wedding planning business. I've gotten into this routine of planning for a week straight and then taking three weeks off. While this has worked for the past year, I'm afraid I need a new strategy so things don't get too crazy. I need to start doing at least a little each week - with no more extended breaks. Afterall, it's just over 8 months until the big day.
Tonight after my tests, I need to organize and update my binder. I also need to compile a list of local florists, invitation makers, and cake bakers to visit at a later date - I'll probably need to schedule a separate weekend at home for those. Other items on the list for this week: finish listing potential cruise excursions, finalize cruise registry, organize an order of engagement prints from the photographer, and make one final list of items to register for since we have now decided on our stores. I should also get around to making a budget timeline of due dates and such... but that's the boring part.
I was originally thinking about registering over Christmas break, but I don't know if we'll have time. The next option would be Thanksgiving, but with Christmas shopping crowds, I'm afraid it will be impossible. Therefore, it will either be a few weeks before Thanksgiving or the week after Christmas. I'm leaning toward the latter of the two options, but wonder if that's cutting it a little too close and eliminating the possibility of Christmas gift ideas. Thoughts??
In other wedding news, we have officially given our photographer our choice of photography package. And guess what!? We're going to be able to get TWO PHOTOGRAPHERS! It'll be the best way to capture every moment and every angle of the evening. We also heard the DJ at Samantha's wedding last weekend - and really enjoyed him. On the plus side, he was really acting like a host and even refilled people's drinks and got the bride and groom food at their seats! I also felt like he did a good job of mixing, was very punctual, announcing what was next and coordinating the entire night. On the minus side, however, I felt like he mumbled a bit (maybe it was the room size?) and he didn' have as much of a feel for the music and guests match-up (perhaps it was because nobody danced at all - surely not a problem for our rowdy guests :-P). I'm thinking we're definitely going with that particular company for a DJ, but just not quite sure about whether to request this DJ or not.
Oh my goodness, this is just so much to think about and do! I guess once you reach this point, the snow ball just takes off. This really is a full time job! And I need to get a move on! For those of you lucky enough to be one of my bridesmaids, perhaps there will be delegations in your future? ;)
Let me know if you're interested in helping me out! I'm ready for assistance now!
248 more days! (That's 8 months and 5 days!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment