There are only 100 days left until our big day, bloggers. For those of you following this for the 2 years and 1 month (exactly) I’ve been writing, you are more than aware of how boring and quiet entries will be getting after June 11.
I have come to the realization, after all of this work I have put into planning in the past three months, that it’s time to enjoy the ride. I have done so much, and there is still so much to do. But now, I don’t feel rushed because I have three months to complete everything – and I’m ahead of schedule now.
So I will relax and enjoy these last 100 days of being a Galloway. I will have fun at my bridal shower (in about two weeks!) and soak up the last of this blushing bride.
Looking back on this 21 months of planning, I have an appreciation for how it has progressed. For the first 9 months, we got to enjoy being engaged. I had a lot of ideas running around without having to make any decisions. It was nice. I was able to take week-long breaks whenever I got overwhelmed with school or life or whatever.
The summer months were filled with a lot of progress, but it was the beginning progress. You know, the oh-my-gosh-this-is-really-happening-and-now-I-actually-have-to-make-decisions progress. Then for a couple of months there, I was kind of lazy and did nothing.
But man, once December got here, I have hit the floor running ever since. There has been mounds of googling and meetings, etc. That was definitely not the funnest time in wedding planning. Nobody ever tells you about the not-fun parts. Googling, emailing, and making phone calls about every single little thought and/or question is the worst.
And now. Now that I have made all the huge decisions, I get to sit back and plan the little details. Is it tedious at times? Absolutely. Is it giving me the weirdest dreams I have ever had? You bet. But the great thing about getting to this stage, is that I have great distractions with parties and everyone else really starting to plan their part (like my mom and her beautiful dress and plans for house guests, etc.). And. If I all of a sudden decide that I’ve had enough with one of the details, the show will still go on. I don’t have to have any of these elements in the wedding. We have all the essential parts done. How relaxing.
3 months, 8 days, 6 hours
No comments:
Post a Comment