Monday, February 7, 2011

We Have a Cake Topper!

Well, an unfinished one, but still one. I need to add some embellishments but soon it will be exactly what I have envisioned. I know, most of you are thinking about how simple it is. But you also don’t know what the cake will look like. This will work perfectly with the design and I can’t wait to see it on top and taste the cake below.

feb6

My mom and I made this decision quite easily yesterday and it really surprised me. We saw it, liked it, and bought it within 5 minutes after I’ve looked elsewhere for a while. I guess it’s time for decisions to be made that quickly. It’s time to start a “wedding pile” somewhere in the house. This is getting real. We only have one more deposit to give and one more contract to sign. Then it’s easy sailing from here on out.

I also have a fun announcement only for you bloggers. Originally the plan has been for Phillip and I to wear our wedding outfits the entire night and leave in them. Well, we have now decided to change early before leaving. It will make logistics so much easier. So guess what I get to do!? Find another pretty dress for the exit!!

Why is this so important? I mean, tons of girls have leaving dresses, right? Well, ours will be a little different. Our DJ does a private last dance for us, which is really special. We will have a last dance in front of everyone, then go into the suite to change while all of our guests file out to get organized for the send off. Then, Phillip and I will go back into the completely empty reception room for a private last dance just for the two of us. The only other people in the room will be our DJ and photographer. I think it will be some of the most magical pictures we will have from the night. See why this dress is suddenly more important?

I’m not looking for another wedding dress by any means. I love my dress!! But I need a nice, elegant, and formal second gown to make sure all of my pictures are stunning – instead of just the ones in my wedding dress.

4 months, 4 days, 6 hours, 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers