Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Short Life Well Lived

Tonight Phillip’s parents sat us down to deliver news of an unexpected loss. Our friends lost a dear part of their family. He was someone I had the pleasure of meeting a few times but had never really gotten to know too too well. But what I did know, I liked.

He was our age. He was young and had his whole life ahead of him – and a life with her ahead of him. It just hits you when someone you know – no matter how well – passes away. Especially if you can identify with them. She lost her love.

I couldn’t bear it, that’s for sure. Anyone who knows me knows that I do not cry a tear unless it’s about Phillip. He is my weakness. Shoot. I’m even tearing up thinking about ever having a life without him. He is my soulmate, best friend, cheer leader, and so much more.

I can't even begin to imagine her loss. My heart goes out to her. My prayers are lifted for her. My thoughts are centered around her. Please God, show her your plan so that the pain felt now can somehow be managed. She needs you.

Tonight there will be no bickering with Phillip about silly things. There will be no bringing up the past or worrying about the future. No. I am not taking him for granted tonight. Living by the moment is the only option because you never know when the day might be your last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers